Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Reboot

Do you ever feel like you are constantly running to get everywhere on time?  Or starting 3 or 4 projects at once and not finishing anything?   You then find yourself overwhelmed and behind in everything, breathless just to catch up.  For me, I hear myself saying, “just focus on the task at hand” in order to get centered.  It is an emergency "coping mechanism". When that does not work, I know I need to shut down immediately and reboot. 

What happens when I do that?   I take a mental health day (weekday or weekend) and clear my calendar.  Then I tackle all those projects one by one and cross them off my list.   The feeling of accomplishment is overwhelming.  You can actually feel your body decompress just like a Pilates breath.   I also fit in those nurturing elements that I feel too stressed to normally take advantage of:  order a Starbucks skinny cappuccino (normally I can’t wait on that line for the Barista to create my frothy drink), or get a manicure AND a pedicure (I have to sit for an hour??????).  See what I mean?  For me, it is all about time and not having enough of it.  Sometimes you need to pick your battles and figure out what is really important and what you can ditch out of your routine.  If your soul is not happy and nurtured, there is no fix for that.  Your eyes will appear vacant and empty.

Life is too short – you need live every minute of it.  What would you do if you had one week to live?  Think about it and maybe, just maybe, you will reboot your life.  Take some time to smell the roses and, in my case, drink the cappuccino!


No comments:

Post a Comment