Monday, March 14, 2016

My Secret Recipe

I recently had a bout with the stomach virus that has been making its way through the human race the last few weeks.  I NEVER get sick. I pride myself on keeping my immune system operating at an optimum level.  But I must say this bug took me down.  When I woke up with a fever of 100°, I knew it was time to see the Doctor.  He said there was no medication that he could prescribe for me; I had to ride it out.  That meant whatever way (top or bottom) LOL.  Well, this thing took its sweet time and ranged from nausea, headache, vomiting, fever, aches, chills, cold sores and diarrhea.  When I was able to eat, the Doctor suggested I follow the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast).   Since I had no real desire to eat due to the nausea, this tasty diet didn’t even phase me.  When faced with my choices, it seemed like a root canal at the Dentist.  I was told the average length of this bug was 10 days and I was determined to speed up the process.  I turned to my trusty recipe that never fails me when I am under the weather:  Garlic and Echinacea.  I usually take the following combination every 4 hours for 24 hours and it works like a charm:


  • ·         Nature’s Way Echinacea and Goldenseal  (1 capsule)
  • ·         Kyolic Garlic Formula 103 Immune (4 capsules)

The Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral healing properties and this formula, in particular, contains astragalus, oregano and olive leaf which enhance those qualities even more.  The Echinacea and Goldenseal combo boots immunity and can be used for the common cold/sore throat, infection, influenza, bronchitis, canker sores and other ailments.

What makes my mega-dose recipe effective?  It kick starts the immune system in a flash.  Gets in and out in 24 hours and works rapidly. The combination is a powerhouse and works against most immune system related ailments that are accompanied by all of the symptoms listed above.  I took this combination the 4th day into my illness and I feel that it really helped speed up the recuperation process.  Again, you just want to take it for a short amount of time so that your body does not become immune.  Then, if you need it again down the road, it will be effective when you want it to kick in.  Good luck and healthy trails to youJ


No comments:

Post a Comment