Monday, May 18, 2020

Ajna Acupressure Mat

I received an awesome gift recently from my nephew and his wife and feel the need to share.  In these times of “social distancing", many of us are missing touch in the form of massage and acupuncture.  These are two modalities that I have used continually in my life until a few months ago. So this gift arrived at the perfect moment! 



The Ajna Acupressure Mat is marketed as your personal masseuse and that is pretty accurate.  Ajna (pronunciation Ah-jnah) means the third eye chakra in Sanskrit.  This chakra is responsible for the link between your mind and the outer world, embodying your ability to see both the inner and outer worlds.  It is the center of your intuition and wisdom, allowing you to open your mind to deeper understandings and expand your intuition.  The Ajnamat allows you to experience the benefits of massage daily and in our “stay 6 feet apart world”, it will become your new favorite health and wellness accessory.  We have no time frame as to when we can return to hands-on visits with our practitioners. So voilà – you can be your own.  

When I opened my package and removed the Ajnamat and pillow, they looked like torture devices 😝 I am certified in myofascial release work and practice it on myself and my clients.  However, this is definitely one level up from that.  The mat and pillow combined have over 6,700 specially designed spikes that activate the body’s natural healing response, relieve tension and unblock stagnant energy pathways.  

I laid down on the mat with my clothes on to start and had my head on top of the pillow.  I will admit the sensations were vivid and started moving my head from right to left to encompass the whole suboccipital area.  Your body starts to sink in and your tolerance starts to improve.  I was especially eager to try the feet and I did that totally barefoot (ouch!).  At first I was only able to stand 2 minutes but you need to realize the weight of your entire body is pressing into the mat!  That’s why they suggest just 5 minutes as the duration for footwork and that you start with socks.  It is similar to getting a Reflexology massage and, since all the organs of the body are represented in the feet, you are stimulating every organ with this movement. 

After working with the Ajnamat for less than a week, I have made great strides in my ability to tolerate more time on both the mat and the pillow.  Every day, I explore different poses and find new positions that are therapeutic.  For instance, just bringing the knees into the chest and rolling side to side really expands that lumbar spine area increasing space between the vertebrae.  Here are some of the benefits I have experienced and others that I hope to achieve:

-Boost mood by releasing feel good hormones 
-Improve skin tone  (I noticed the glow in my face already!)
-Alleviate acute and chronic pain
-Promote a sense of calm and wellbeing (yes!)
-Induce a deeper more restful sleep
-Increase energy and vitality
-Provide instant relief for headaches, migraines, back pain, neck pain, and   other  ailments (pillow is awesome for this!)

A great feature is that the Ajnamat is free from nasty toxic dyes, foams, and plastics.  It is made from a coconut fiber that naturally repels odor and microbes. The washable outer cover is woven from certified organic linen.  It actually fits into its own carry bag so that you can transport it effortlessly.

Ajna Wellbeing has partnered with One Tree Planted to fund their efforts in making our world a better place. They plant one tree for every product sold.  The more they sell, the more trees are planted.  Planting trees is such a simple and effective way to make an impact.  Trees clean the air we breathe and the water we drink.  They help stabilize our climate, provide habitat for biodiversity and create sustainable jobs. 

Feel free to check out their website:  https://www.ajnawellbeing.com/
Ajna Wellbeing is currently running a sale at up to 45% off.  Wishing you many hours of relaxed bliss, joy & clarity!


5 comments:

  1. I genuinely esteem this wonderful post that you have obliged us.

    This is decent blog and I was in all actuality looking for something significant like this.

    Pilates near me

    Pilates studio South Delhi
    Pilates in Chattarpur Vasant Kunj
    Reformer pilates classes in South Delhi
    Pilates near me
    Pilates Classes Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative! Tatami exercise mats are designed to fit any surroundings and purposes. They are often used in all MMA organizations and for personal martial arts training. Tatami mats are as comfortable as mats get. They are supportive to the body and absorb pressure wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post! A foam mat is a mat or set of mats used in martial arts and gym training. An interlocking foam mat is made of EVA foam which absorbs impact like jumping or falling. Foam mats are easy to assemble and have been used for many residential and commercial spaces for a number of years now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete