Sunday, October 1, 2017

Put Your Cell Phone Down

I admit it – we are living in a phone-addicted world.  I realized this the other day when my boss’s cell phone was being upgraded and he was without it.  He actually admitted “I feel naked”.  Yes – our cell phones have made us cripples.  We really do feel naked without them because we have built our world around them. 

Subsequently, a few days later I was on the LIRR and a guy woke up from a deep sleep and climbed over a girl to exit the train.  He was so groggy that, as he bent over to retrieve his falling headphones, he dropped his phone and walked off the train.  Three people screamed at the top of their lungs "YOUR PHONE!!”  It was mass hysteria – this guy was leaving his identity on the train.

I get it but our workouts are really suffering from this.  I have observed other people – particularly those working out with weights.  I am amazed that I see:  six reps of a bicep exercise / stop to check your phone & repeat.  This is not an efficient, productive and focused workout, people!  Working out means putting the device away for at least an hour while you focus on the body parts you are working on.  Your goal should be to engage your mind, body and spirit.  

Try shutting your phone off and putting it away.  You deserve to devote an hour all to yourself -- make time for YOU.  If you still find it difficult to solely concentrate on your workout, take a class (you will be forced to put your phone away) and see the difference in the quality of your workout.  You will feel relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed and ready to see the world in a whole new light 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment